Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Amana model afi2538aeq4. ice and water dispenser has stopped

Customer Question

amana model afi2538aeq4. ice and water dispenser has stopped working and front panel display is blank. interior lights work. not sure if it is still cooling.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: maybe 8 years old. french doors bottom freezer. serial ky3148722.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: that depends on what is involved. no repair services open on sunday here
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: when i push a button on the display or push the dispenser the entire display lights and the tone sounds
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Unplug the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes. Does the panel comeback to life when it is plugged in?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, the display is still out.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Well, shoot! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number 35 is the main electronic control board. It is mounted on the back of the cabinet.

That control will need to be replaced. All connections simply unplug and plug in making for an easy replacement.

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!