Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer and I put it on a cycle and

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool cabrio washer and I put it on a cycle and it will act like it is going to start and it will just sit there at 44 minutes. I tried changing cycles and it does the same. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. Do yo happen to have the model number of your washer so I can pull up the correct diagram for you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Wtw7600xwo
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Can yo double check that model number for me I am being told its not correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Washer says wtw7600x
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Book has w10306121a. W10306122a-sp
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok I have found it one moment please.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

w10306121a

That number is ***** refrigerator. let me try the others.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

wtw7600x This one is your washer may want to right those down to what they go too. Give me just one moment.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

First ensure that power is getting to the electrical outlet. If the electrical outlet is receiving power, but the washer won’t start, the power cord might be defective. However, this is very rare. To determine if the power cord is defective, use a multimeter to test it for the cord for power. If the power cord is not getting power, replace it.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-Power-Cord/WP3407203/4433750?modelNumber=WTW7600XW0&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a11b5d895452

The main control board might be defective. However, the main control board is rarely at fault for this symptom. Before replacing the main control board, first check all of the more commonly defective parts.

Sadly though I believe your problem is related to the main control board and its not a cheap part :(

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-Main-Control-Board/WPW10297398/4444385?modelNumber=WTW7600XW0&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a11b5d895452

This is the part for your unit.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. I changed where it was plugged it and nothing in it and it seems to be working.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Awesome well then it was just a matter of the outlet. If yo found my information helpful please rate with 5 stars at the top.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I was wondering how it was going and if you were still needing any help with this matter or if everything was good. If you need no further advice please rate with 5 stars at the top. If you have any more issues or have any more follow up questions I am here to assist you. If not have a great day.