Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

I have a LG commercial dryer but don't have the coin

Customer Question

I have a LG commercial dryer but don't have the coin operator for it. How can i by pass the coin operator
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought it new at the auction the only number i can find is this gq55008889
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope i know one plug has 8 wires and the other has 6 one is for card and the other is for coin, there has to be a way to sblice them together and make the machine think the coin operator is attached I would think
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one assisting you tonight. Give me a minute to pull up your manual and I will be right back with you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Ok sadly besides taking a metal looking tool down the coin slot I am unable to find information for this model. That number doesn't pull up a model for me to look into so I am unable to find info on it. The best I can suggest is to check you tube videos they show how to by pass typical machines so it may apply to yours. I can opt out to see if anyone else has any ideas. Please do not rate as it will only lock your question to me.