Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

WE have a Frigidare top loading washer that won't stay

Customer Question

WE have a Frigidare top loading washer that won't stay still. My unknowing brother overloaded the thing and now it's constantly out of balance...I looked at the springs, and they're ok...Bill O
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: FAHE2011MWO. Abour two years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends...I have some skill but not alot of time...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I don't think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. Give me a moment while I pull up your diagrams.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

One or more of the suspension springs might be broken. The suspension springs help to absorb the movement of the washer tub. If a suspension spring breaks, the tub might become unbalanced, causing it to shake and vibrate during operation. Inspect the suspension springs to determine if any of the springs are broken. If a suspension spring is broken, replace it.

The snubber ring dampens the vibration of the washer tub. If the snubber ring is cracked or worn out, the washer will vibrate or shake during operation. Inspect the snubber ring for damage. If the snubber ring is cracked or worn out, replace it.

Check to see if the washer is level, and adjust the leveling legs if necessary. Always lock the legs in place after adjustment to keep them from getting loose.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

These are all of the possibilities including how to videos and parts on how to fix them you will need to check. One of these things have broken and are not working. I certainly hope you find this information helpful and explanatory and if you do please rate with 5 stars at the top. If you have any follow up questions you can still reach out to me even after rating.