Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

I have a kitchenaid refrigerator, french doors on top,

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid refrigerator, french doors on top, drawer in the center, freezer on the bottom. The left door is about a half inch lower than the right door. I don't know how to fix it, and the local store owner said it is because my floor is crooked. Seriously? I can lift the left door up and align it with the right, but of course it won't stay that way. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. Do you happen to have the model number to your fridge?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I can not believe the store owner said that to you. Were they the ones who sold you the unit? How long have you had it? Was it like that when you got it? What I am going to send over to you is a blow out picture of your doors. Since I am not physically there in front of it I will need you to look into some of the parts holding the door in there. I am assuming there is a screw missing or something in the bottom of the door but you will need to look there to see if its missing.

As you can see from the blow out picture they have screws at the bottom to help hold it into place and I am assuming its missing. If in fact it is and you can not get the store you bought it from to replace it I can find the screw for you to order and put in for yourself.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay. I am going to have to take this apart in the morning. I will request you if I can't figure it out. I'm fairly savvy, so I probably can. I'll get back to you.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Sounds good in the event yo find this information helpful please do rate with 5 stars at the top. Rating does not stop you from getting back in touch with me on this original thread at anytime. Have a good night.