John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a ge profile slide in oven the left front burner

Customer Question

I have a ge profile slide in oven the left front burner ,right rear burner and warming burner just stopped working. I replaced the left front burner element with no luck . When the burners are turned on you only hear one click . On the burners that work there are two distinct clicks. 2014 GEprofile slide in double oven model PS950sf2ss. Wondering about the frame board I think it's called looks like it has all the control relays.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to try and assist you today. Give me a moment while I pull up your diagrams.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Do you happen to have a multimeter handy. So we can check the elements first before jumping to the board?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hey man sorry for taking so long to get back with you but life got in the way ya know! Any way I have my multi meter what sort of resistance should I see I have the range top off and on the table now, by the way out of the blue on Sunday they all started working normal 1time but after turning off and back on the burners quit working
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

So what you will need to do is check that the burner that is not working is getting resistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not sure what normal is for the burners they all seem about the same the larger the burner more resistance. The warming burner does seem high but I noticed the it has a different coil 459 ohms
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
43 to 69 ohms depending which coil I am checking the left front has 2 different sizes again the warming burner which also doesn't work has 459 ohms
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok so what is the next step and have you ever run into this problem ? I can't have the only profile oven that has this problem
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Repaired frame board connecter now all good thanks any way ��