Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Similar issue. Got a replacement icemaker though Whirlpool

Customer Question Similar issue. Got a replacement icemaker though Whirlpool Part Number W10377151 but can not get it to slide out due to a bulge in the casing
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can not slide out the old ice maker unit because the bulge is in the way.. its inside the liner.. almost like frozen water expanded the liner
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

If leakage has caused the bulge by freezing, the only way it is going to go away is if you unplug the refrigerator and leave the doors open to allow a full thaw. Let me know what happens after thawing, please.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

These units often are molded bad. When they spray the expanding foam in the wall liner sometimes they get too much in and that happens. The only solution is just to pull it hard and get it out, I have done many of these like that.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The top corner is blocked by almost a quarter inch of bulge. I have good expertise in being handy... but I don't see how I can get around the bulge to slide out the ice maker.Now.. I am assuming it is the ice maker since that is what most people are posting is the fix.

Yes it will be the icemaker, you just have to force it out.