Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

With my Bosch dishwasher it would not drain. I cleaned the

Customer Question

With my Bosch dishwasher it would not drain. I cleaned the filter and hoses but still no luck. I bought a new pump and installed it. Now the pump just hums and overheats.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model SHE43RL5UC/64 not sure how old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just why it would overheat.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

First thing you will want to do is remove the pump just to double check there is nothing in the pump stopping the impeller from turning, if it checks out ok then the main board is not sending the proper voltage to the pump which is the cause for it overheating, replace the main board:

Dishwasher Electronic Control Board

Part #: 00704849 - click here

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?