Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GFDN100 dryer and I would like to remove the piece

Customer Question

I have a GFDN100 dryer and I would like to remove the piece that olds the lint trap so I can vacuum inside. Is that easy to do?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

That filter housing is all one assembly and will require the entire front panel be removed. It is not an easy job as to get the front off, the top, control panel and wiring all need to be removed. See the breakdown at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Home Depot sells a lint brush that is designed for cleaning that housing. It is very flexible and grabs the lint and works very well!

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!