John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a maytag fridge ....m1txegmyw00... that is getting

Customer Question

i have a maytag fridge ....m1txegmyw00... that is getting frost on the back wall of the freezer ....i have changed the control board on it ...i noticed that the evaporator fan comes on when i shut the themostat off but the compressor shuts off...then i turn the dial to on and the fan goes off but compressor comes on...is it the thermostat or something else?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I also noticed when the evaporator fan was running when off.... if i shut the fridge door it would stop running and when i open the door it would start running again
Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

When you say that you changed out the control board, was it the defrost board beside the Thermostat?

Expert:  Jason replied 4 months ago.

When you say that you changed out the control board, you mean the defrost board beside the Thermostat.....correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
this guy is a joke