Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a built in bottom drawer ge monogram refrigerator

Customer Question

I have a built in bottom drawer ge monogram refrigerator freezer. When having a small leak repaired in the back I noticed mold on the drywall Behind the fridge. I am trying to pull the fridge out for another look and don't know how to get it to budge. Any tips on sliding it out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Are you trying to get the fridge to slide out of the area you have it in? Is that what you are saying. If so have you tried putting like a piece of card board or something sliding it under the edges to see if it will move that way.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We can't lift it.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Rollers

Adjustable rollers behind the base grille enable you to move the refrigerator away from the wall for cleaning. These rollers should be set so the refrigerator rests firmly on the floor. To assure that the doors will close automatically from a half-way-open position, there is a built-in tilt from the front to the back of the cabinet. Side- by-side refrigerators also have specially designed door hinges that lift both doors slightly when opened, allowing the force of gravity to help close them securely

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

To adjust rollers, remove the base grille by grasping it at the bottom and pulling it out. Turn the roller adjusting screws clockwise to raise the refrigerator, counterclockwise to lower it.

Use an adjustable wrench (3/8′′ hex head bolt) or pliers. When leveling, you can improve door closure by

raising the front approximately 5/8′′(15 mm) from the floor To replace base grille, align prongs on back of

grille with clamps in cabinet and push forward until grille snaps into place.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Here are some pictures of what I am talking about. This is one.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Here is the second one.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

If you find this information helpful please rate with 5 stars at the top and I hope that you are able to move it now.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Were you able to locate places I told you to check?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We will continue tomorrow. Thank you for all the good information!
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.
Sounds good if you find this information helpful and you need nothing else please rate with 5 stars. Thank you for choosing just answer
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I was just wondering how it was going and if you had found my information helpful. If you did please do rate with 5 stars so I can have this matter closed for you and be credited for my time. If it did not work and you wish to follow up with me please do not rate negatively just message me here back on this thread.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I was wondering how its going?