Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have Model # KUDE70FVSS3 Kitchen Aid Dishwasher. Using

Customer Question

We have Model # KUDE70FVSS3 Kitchen Aid Dishwasher. Using Normal Wash and Heat Dry the dishes are not getting the Heat Dry. When the cycle is complete the dishes are damp and cool to touch. We assume it is the heating element. How do we test the element? If it needs to be changed what is the process?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately the element isn't usually the problem, but you will need to test it to see if it's bad and you need a multimeter to do so. You must uninstall the entire dishwasher and tip it on it's side or back so that you can access the 2 terminals attached to the heating element behind the pump. Below is a video that shows you how to replace the element for your dishwasher. The part number for the heating element is W10082892. Also, if you don't know how to test continuity, you can just remove the element and bring it to an appliance parts store and they will test it and tell you if it's good or bad.

CLICK HERE for video

CLICK HERE to order heating element

Now again, you don't know if it's bad so you're really just uninstalling the dishwasher and tipping it on it's back to test continuity through the heater. If it doesn't have continuity, then replace it. If it does have continuity, you need to replace your main control board in the upper right corner of the door. Below is a link to that part.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?