Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

GE model GDSCOKCXCRBB, freezer on bottom. Purchsed 2010.

Customer Question

GE model GDSCOKCXCRBB, freezer on bottom. Purchsed 2010. Refrigerator and freezer stopped working today. The light in the refrig compartment is on, but no LED displays for Warmer/Cooler. No cooling action in refrig or freezer. I took off cardboard panel in back. The unit on the right that looks like a fan unit was very dusty, I vacuumed everything I could reach. Any ideas or do I need to call a repair person?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

You can try to unplug the unit for 5 seconds to see if the electronics will reset, but if that doesn't work and the LED display isn't lit, then your control board has failed and the display control board just needs to be ordered and replaced or it won't know it needs to run so it'll just sit there and the lights will work and that's it. I'm not sure how handy you are but if you're handy you can probably replace the part yourself. Otherwise, the part number is ***** and it costs about $75 and if you had a technician install it it would be another $150 for trip and labor.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?