Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Ge dehumidifier adel70lrl2 Coppressor works only couple of

Customer Question

Ge dehumidifier adel70lrl2
Coppressor works only couple of minuteseconds once it started and stops after that it doesn't collect water.Does it have safety switch to shut down the compressor or what
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

There is an overload cut out on the compressor that will trip off if the compressor is drawing too much current. That device could be bad but often it is a faulty winding in the compressor. These are generally not repairable or worth repairing due to the costs and parts. Based on that model it would be common for a bum compressor 99%

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!