Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair

My PVM720DM GE Profile Microwave keypad locks up once a day.

Customer Question

My PVM720DM GE Profile Microwave keypad locks up once a day. I unplug it for several min. Reset the clock and it works fine for about a day. I have cleaned the internal computer ribbon contacts twice, and it will work for a couple of days and then locks up again. Is there any way to fix this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If you cleaned the contacts on the ribbon cable and the issue still occurs then the only way to repair it is to replace the keypad. The model number you provided is not a good model number, if you give me the correct model number I will be glad to give you the replacement part number, thanks. In the meantime please read below:

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page 3 stars or higher. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The Model Number is: PVM2070DM1WW

The part number for the panel is :

WB07X11139, most I looked at where 450 - 550, but I did find a new one on ebay for a little cheaper at 349.00 brand new in the box. click here

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?