Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

4 year old whirlpool dishwasher. Recently I noticed that the

Customer Question

4 year old whirlpool dishwasher. Recently I noticed that the rubber gasket around the unit had pulled out of the 'channel' holding it to the frame. Simple enough fix, I thought. However now we find that the pods we're using aren't being completely dissolved during the wash cycle. Not sure how one issue relates to the other, or if they are even related. No leaks (yet) just undissolved detergent packs. Thoughts???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 2 months ago.

First see if the pods dissolve in a large glass of hot water by just swirling them around ( it really is the pods themselves sometimes ) If they do , continue by running the dishwasher empty and after it has filled , keep opening and closing the door and take note of the spray arms. Are they in a different position every time , are they moving ? Is your DW getting enough water and is the water hot enough inside the dishwasher ? The gasket problem is not related to this problem.