Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Heybrhete my new bisch dishwasher gets oower but when i

Customer Question

Heybrhete my new bisch dishwasher gets oower but when i ckose it it shits off. Anybideas?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this? Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Its a brand new bosxh disheasher. Expensive. Rhe real deal!!!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Its the new boxhbwith rhe skider grey uo top and holds 16 4 place settings. Im lookkg for mindel number
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I got it. Its a bosch shx68t55uc Didnt u need model number. What if it diesnt work?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

If it is shutting off when you close the door you should check the power connection to the terminal block below the unit. You may have a loose connection there. Otherwise you could have a door latch issue on the unit. If it is new I would call for warranty as you will void it trying to take it apart yourself to fix it. Check the power to the unit and make sure it is all tight there then I would call for warranty service.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!