Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My dishwasher keeps stopping mid cycle and beeps with the

Customer Question

hello. My dishwasher keeps stopping mid cycle and beeps with the play/pause button beeping.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: it says, MOD: DS6021
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's simple enough!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: serial number is ***** When it started beeping I opened it and there is about 4 inches of water sitting in it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

This is a pump issue either the pump is not working or the drain line is blocked. Check the siphon gap next to your sink for blockage watch this video to check it out that may be the only issue. If not you may have a bigger issue that would require a technician.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried cleaning that out and running it again. now it beeps and when I turn it off, it turns right back on again and continues beeping and the spinner thing in the middle keeps spinning

You likely have a blockage and it can not or is not pumping out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how do I just make it stop for now?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It just won't stop beeping even if I hold the off button

Just kill the breaker to it for tonight