Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

15 year old double Thermador Oven makes an annoying

Customer Question

15 year old double Thermador Oven makes an annoying squeaking sound. It isn't the fan IN the oven because we get the sound even when that fan is not running.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. Do you happen to have the model number of your thermador so I can pull up the diagram for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

ok can you try opening the oven door and seeing if you see any numbers in there. It may be on the inside or around the side of the door somewhere. Also it may be on your owners manual if you have that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I already looked on the doors, behind the doors, under the doors, etc. Nothing.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I may have found the source. The upper door has an aluminum trim piece on both sides of the inner door and it is loose enough to rattle. The bottom door has the same but it's nice and snug. There aren't any fasteners that are apparent so I don't know how to tighten it.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

There are no screws or screw holes around the trim?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
None. And I'm only guessing about that being the problem. When it's hot and the rattling/squeaking is happening, it isn't really possible to play around with it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I thought that it might have had something to do with the cooling fan - that continues to run after we turn the oven off and when it is running we hear the rattling and squeaking.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Well the cooling fan will run obviously because it is trying to cool the oven down. It is definitely this trim but it makes no sense as to why there is nothing in your unit to connect it. The trim has to be secured some way. That is an odd one. I wish I had the model number so I could personally pull this up and tell you if its just a missing part or maybe a malfunction made by thermador themselves when they made it.

I hope you do find this information helpful. If you do please rate with 5 stars at the top. If you have any follow up questions you can follow up with me here on this thread. Rating does not stop you from following up with me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I was just following up with you to see if you were still needing any assistance with this issue. If I was able to help you or you found my information helpful please do rate with 5 stars so I can have this matter closed for you. Thank you for choosing just answer.