Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have an SPT portable ice maker... seems to only make 4 - 5

Customer Question

I have an SPT portable ice maker... seems to only make 4 - 5 ice cubes each cycle, the same 5 cubes get cold, but the others do not... can I add more refrigerant? or what can I do?
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: yes, its been acting this way for a while
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no the machine is about 2 years old, and used maybe 6 -8 weekends.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your ice maker. If you can give me the model number I can pull up your manual and have a look for you. Without knowing what your model number is ***** are some typical trouble shooting tips for not enough ice being produced.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
its a New Aire AL100SS, its portable with its own resevoir
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

Ok so according to your user manual it states that what the problem could be is that the refrigerant has leakage or a pipe in the cooling system is blocked. You will have to call a service technician to come and check it out because you have to be licensed in order to work with refrigerant.

I hope you have found this information helpful and will rate with 5 stars at the top. If you have any follow up questions at any point I will be more than happy to assist you. Rating does not stop you from following up with me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

I was just following up with you to see if you were still needing any assistance with this issue. If I was able to help you or you found my information helpful please do rate with 5 stars so I can have this matter closed for you. Thank you for choosing just answer.