Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The "Normal" light is flashing continuously on my KitchenAid

Customer Question

The "Normal" light is flashing continuously on my KitchenAid dishwasher and it won't start. I have tried turning off the power for 60 sec to reboot, still flashing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

The normal light flashing is a very straight forward error for these KitchenAid dishwashers. It means that the normal button is shorted or held for more than 17 seconds. Try to unplug the dishwasher and heat up the touchpad with a hair dryer. Then rub your thumb over the normal button to try to unstick it. Allow it to cool and then re-apply power. Now if it still acts up there is nothing else you can do but replace the entire touch control panel I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.