Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Whirlpool energy star washer what would I a need? The add a

Customer Question

Whirlpool energy star washer what would I a need? The add a garment light is on and door lock light is on? The washer is beeping and nothing else is happening.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Unplug the machine for 15 minutes to reset the controls. Any change when plugged back in?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I try that and does the same thing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No change
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Is the pump running?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The water is connected and on
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

So it is just beeping all the time now and unresponsive? Any flashing lights or error codes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is not beeping anymore it says add a garment light is on and the wash light is on but nothing is happening
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Is there water in the tub? Anything humming or buzzing at all?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
With these lights on I can still open the door no there is no water in the tub and I do not hear a hum
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK the door just locked
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Okay, that helps, thank you! If you look above the square part on the door lock that the door striker goes into, there is a round plunger that monitors the position of the door. Is it intact?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it's in tact but do not know if it's working or not
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The behavior of the machine is indicative of a lock failure. I suspect the lock assemble will need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The ad garment light is on the washer light is on in the locked door light is on it's set on normal wash but not doing anything
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Access to that part is most easily gained by removing the spring clamp from around the rubber door boot and then peeling the boot away at the side where the lock is. You can reach in to access the lock. All connections simply unplug and plug in making for an easy replacement.

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

You are very welcome, thank you!