Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an LG LMH2016SW extendavent over the range microwave

Customer Question

I have an LG LMH2016SW extendavent over the range microwave whose extended vent won't remain closed once it's retracted. LG couldn't help me with the part number. Do you know the part I need to order?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model #LMH2016SW is it's 3 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I received a notification that your responded to my question yet I don't see a response.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So the vent the slides out is held in by the glides itself. There is a spring clip on the back of the glides that holds it shut when it's closed so if it won't remain retracted, the left and right glide would need to be replaced and it comes with the base. Below is a link to the base you'd need to order with glides. The part number is *****

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.