Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Jenn-air dishwasher,model JDB1080AWS Bought in 2003

Customer Question

I have a Jenn-air dishwasher,model JDB1080AWS Bought in 2003 and has been perfect every day. Yesterday I noticed a little light stayed on after the wash was done so I tried to push the light (had a 3) on that section. It wouldn't stay off but an L showed up, I can't choose any type of wash and rinse to make it work again. It is like dead but continues to keep the green light on all the time and I can't use the dishwasher.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: bought it around 2003 or 2004. The model is JDB1080AWS and the serial is 10933086EL.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, I hoped you would tell me if there is some kind of button or such to clear it up. The last load it washed was perfect as usual.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I have the Use and Care Guide for it that tells me thelock indicator light flashes and the countdown display flashes an L if a pad is pressed while the controllock is enabled. What is the control lock?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like your control lock is just engaged. You should just need to press and hold the HEATED DRY button for 5 seconds to remove the control lock so you can use your touchpad again. If it won't remove, flip the breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher for 5 minutes. Re-apply power and try again. If it still won't remove, you'll need to order and replace the touchpad because it has failed. The control lock is a feature you can engage normally to prevent children from pressing buttons on the dishwasher.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.