John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My maytag fridge model MBR225xes is still frozen in the

Customer Question

Hi my maytag fridge model MBR225xes is still frozen in the freezer and the fridge is not cooling even though the fridge is turned up to it's highest cool setting of 7. I have already tried vacuuming and cleaning the coils and have unplugged and plugged the fridge back in are their other things you could recommend to fix this issue?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

If the freezer is freezing and the temps are in the area of 0 - 10 degrees the compressor and sealed system are working properly, which means there is a air flow issue to the refrigerator section from the freezer. Open the freezer and see if the fan is running in the freezer, and also take a look at the very back wall of the freezer and see if you can see any frost/ice build up on the back wall and let me know what you find, thanks.