Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 30" ceramic/glass cooktop (Model GLEC30S8ASB, that

Customer Question

I have a 30" ceramic/glass cooktop (Model GLEC30S8ASB, that is working fine, but I want to replaces it with a coil unit, in the same location. What model/s would you recommend. Tom
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

So your limitation is going to be the width and depth of this unit. This unit is 30 3/4" wide and 21 3/8" wide. The only model I see that will fit without any installation adjustments to your countertop is a GE model JP328BKBB. It's about 1/2" shorter than your other unit but that won't matter since both sides overhang from the cut out about 1.5 inches. Either way, if you're looking for a coil burner model JP328BKBB is what I'd go with.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.