John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Thermador MCM255 microwave/wall oven combo - mfg April 1982

Customer Question

Thermador MCM255 microwave/wall oven combo - mfg April 1982 - S/N 709718. Works, but takes LONG TIME to cook - just bought house with units in place - house almost never used in 30 years. I need a manual to operate these ovens, please. If I can use properly, but if they need a part, THEN I can proceed for repair part. Thanks
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Thermador MCM 255. S/N 709718. Manufacture Date April 1982
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If easily accessible - but need to OPERATE PROPERLY first. Can I get a manual?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The problem is with the magnetron, it is weak and will need to be replaced. However, it is no longer available. That is part of the high voltage system and there may be a universal replacement available but are you able to access and get the part number from the magnetron and are you comfortable with high voltage electricity?

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

It lo0oks like this model actually needs a kit for the magnetron, see below. That would not be available in a universal form.

CLICK HERE