Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My normal cycle is running a time on my dishwasher,

Customer Question

My normal cycle is running a long time on my dishwasher
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: KitchenAid KUDS01IJBS0. No, how do you do that?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dont think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Yes, typing.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

So just so you're clear, the dishwasher is designed to run a normal cycle which takes about 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours. So if it's running longer than that, you have a problem. There is no exact time on the cycle because it's largely dependent on what temperature the waters comes into the dishwasher. It stalls the cycle a couple times through the cycle to heat the water so if the temperature of the water is cold it can take quite a bit longer. Run the sink faucet until the water is hot and then run a cycle. If it still takes more than 2.5 hours, then you need to check your heating element for continuity and if it has continuity, replace the main control board inside your door in the upper right hand corner.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.