John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

My Asko W6221 Washer won't start Help please!. I got them

Customer Question

My Asko W6221 Washer won't start Help please!. I got them with a new apartment, and had them moved downstairs by some ruff guys who bumped the machines down the steps, step by step (until I forceibly told them to be more careful!!) I have the T701cdryer working again... but the washer is proving to be more difficult. I've taken the washer apart and cleaned the inside totally, it shines like new everywhere ! I also checked the presence of power at most of the interior components, and power appears to be at every point. (The power is 240v 2 hots and a ground).The Power light does NOT come on however, (but i checked there IS power at the switch on both the in and out sides) Also when one pushes the "key" button the door latch DOES work, There is power to all the switches and to the electronic control board (I checked with my multimeter) I also took the motor out to check the brushes they seem fine in that theres about 7/8" or more of the carbon brush left. I replaced the existing motor and brushes. However, when I close the door and select a program, and an option or two (or none) and push START BUTTON.... NOTHING HAPPENS The pump trap chamber is totally clear of debris!! What do i do please!? It seems like a very well made washing machine (not quite like my Miele PW6065 but certainly far better made than anything else) I desperately need get this washing machine working as soon as i can... So any input would be greatly appreciated Thanks
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I refer to the model in the first sentence @@ Asko W6221 maybe 10 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes Ive become quite intimate with it since I've had it... it came with the place but has never worked for me'
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I thinkive been pretty thorough in m txt its weird that you have a woman name... but the name of appliance guy! Whats that all about!?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've paid when do i get my answer!? and id rather have the technician answer my questions rather then some random secretary (which is what i assume the female portion of this character is!) I meed honest, and competent advice here..... and not some sort of surrogate stand-in alternative ,,, I need to get this machine working again,,,,,, Thank you!
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. Sorry it took so long to get a reply on your question. This is the first time I am seeing it but I will see if I can assist you. Give me a few moments to look up your manual.