Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

What does NF mean on my Maytag Neptune washer?

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

error "NF" means that the washer isn't detecting water flow fast enough coming into the washer when it's supposed to be filling. Make sure you have good water pressure from both hot and cold water lines going into the back of the washer from your house. If that checks good, then turn the water off and disconnect the hose from the back of the washer and clean the screens on the back of the where where the hoses connect. If you still have issues, then you need to replace the water valve on your washer because it's restricting the water flow.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?