Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Kitchenaid dishwasher model KUDP01FLWH0 is running too. The

Customer Question

Kitchenaid dishwasher model KUDP01FLWH0 is running too long. The normal cycle usually takes 45 minutes using the energy saver button (no heat dry). It is running for more than 2 hours. Machine fills and starts the wash in less than 5 minutes. Soap dispenser opens within normal time frame Water is hot throughout the 2 plus hours that it is running
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Your dishwasher may be trying to run the calibration cycle. This takes 3-4 hours and if interrupted will try again the next time it is run. Every 250 cycles it runs a calibration cycle. Did you let it shut off by itself?