Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

We have an old (approx 1990's) GE Built-In Oven Model JKP15

Customer Question

We have an old (approx 1990's) GE Built-In Oven Model JKP15 or JRP15 or JTP 15 that we would like to replace, but haven't been able to locate any model that will fit the space.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

With the gas line in the cabinet space, it si not likely you will be able to find one that will fit. Are you able to have the gas line replaced with a flexible line that may be routed differently in the cabinet? Can you post a picture of how the gas line is currently routed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We would have to pull out the old oven to photo the gas line. We are not in any position to tackle a gas line reroute job right now. I was just hoping that there would be an oven that fit the space without rerouting. I guess we will continue to use this oven until it quits.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
PS The electrical will also have to be rerouted when the time comes.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

I understand, the oven designs have changed dramatically in that the interiors now are made as large as possible, so they use every square inch of cabinet space available. If I can help, please let me know!