Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The beeping sound is continuos and even when the freezer has

Customer Question

The beeping sound is continuos and even when the freezer has been emptied
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: E440TRT
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am an old woman and would not have a clue where to start,but the noise is driving me bonkers.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The fridge was purchased in 2010 and this is the first time it has misbehaved
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Either the door switch is bad and defective or the main control is defective and will need to be changed out. You should check the door switch on the unit for function and if it is working replace the control on the unit. Here is a link to the control module for it and it goes bad a lot for that issue.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!