Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer it has stopped agitating and

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool Duet washer it has stopped agitating and spining. I do not get any error codes and when I do the test it still does not agitate and spin and gives no f code.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Remove the rear panel and see if the belt is still attached to the pulley.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The belt is still attached and tight as I pulled the front bottom cover and taped the saftey switch back so the machine don't know. when I reach back and spin the motor by hand the drum turns. when the motors should be spining it does not make any sounds , vibration , heat.

Check the MCU board for any damage you may have a failed MCU board on the unit.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did look at it and did not see any damage ie burnt componets or broken connection. also wouldnt that give me a f coode?

Not always, I would check the back side of the board for any damage.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was not able to get it out of the plastic case. what is the trick to get it out?

You just have to bend the clips and pop it out

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I found the screw hidden under glue and have the board out and everything looks good. Is there anything in particular I should be looking at?

No just that what is the model and do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
GHW9400PL4 yes

Ok did you run it through diagnostics and does it do everything?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when I go through the diagnostic the drum does not move at any point and I do not get any error code.

The MCU is bad for sure replace it.