Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What is this microwave trying to tell us with a "5E or SE"

Customer Question

What is this microwave trying to tell us with a "5E or SE" in the display.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Error SE means that your touch control panel has failed. You can try to unplug the microwave for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset and if that doesn't work, you need to order and replace the touch control panel for your microwave because it has shorted out.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?