Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a WTW5500XW0 Whirlpool Cabrio 6yr old. It shows the

Customer Question

I have a WTW5500XW0 Whirlpool Cabrio 6yr old. It shows the lid open led before the spin cycle. I got it to get to the spin and spun for a little while but then showed the lid light again. I have run the diagnostic on it and it show the first Led light flashing and the last one. and then the second to the last. or S-w-r-s-D and s-w-r-S-d. I turn and switch one more the right and I get this next code First led and last three or S-w-R-S-D. I think it shows a F-1 and F-7 problem but I don't know if there is a Error code also. It got this problem during a heavy load. The store said it's just a lid switch, but a tech I talked to said maybe it's not reaching it's rpm. what do you think?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: gave it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no. Had a tough time figuring out the diagnostic sequence
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

This is a basket speed fault and very common you will need this part to fix it here is a link to the part and there is a video of how to put the part in there as well. This will fix that issue.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!