Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We bought a whirlpool do it electric dryer and 2006 we have

Customer Question

We bought a whirlpool do it electric dryer and 2006 we have replaced the heating element and now it will not work is there a trick to resetting it lights up but then it flashes the number 40 what you were set on to dry at
JA: Thank you.
Customer: Duet...
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I purchased it in 2006. Model# ***** Serial # MT2631104
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When you press the control on button on..... the panel lights up and the knob is on timed dry and it says 40 in the estimated time remaining next it sound with three little beats with three little beats and then the 40 estimated time remaining light flashes
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

There is no trick to resetting the dryer. Make sure you plugged the door switch back in if it became disconnected. If the machine thinks the door is open it'll beep 3 times. If it's plugged in but you still get the 3 beeps, replace the door switch.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?