Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Door handle maytag stove model# Mer6750aaw, Replace door

Customer Question

Door handle maytag stove model# *****
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Replace door handle
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So replacing the handle is a bit difficult because there are screws coming from the inside of the door that mount the handle to the door. The door will need to be completely removed and then taken apart in order to access these screws to remove the old handle and install the new handle. To remove the door, open the door and see if there are any screws down at the bottom of the inner door liner going into the hinge. If so, remove those screws. Then set the door in the broil position and pull the door straight away from the hinges so the door pulls off the hinges. Now set the door face down and remove the screws coming in through the bottom of the door as well as through the top. After that the door will split apart so you can access the screws going into the door handle and replace the handle.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.