Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Samsung refrigerator rs261mdrs ice maker not working. After

Customer Question

samsung refrigerator rs261mdrs ice maker not working. After pressing reset and dumping the ice out, the ice maker filled with water. However; once the ice is frozen solid, it won't dump and start a new batch.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: rs261mdrs and about 2 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've given all the necessary information.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Normally that is just a bad icemaker typically an issue occurs with the ice level system and tricks the unit into thinking it is full so it never dumps a new batch. Here is a link to a new icemaker.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!