Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My washing machine is making a loud banging sound during the

Customer Question

My washing machine is making a loud banging sound during the spin cycle. I think my house cleaner put too many clothes in it and something got knocked out of balance. Any suggestions? Is this an easy fix?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: whirlpool cabrio- not sure how old though because I'm renting and it came with the house. It looks relatively new.. Top load with a clear glass so you can see the clothes and its energy efficient
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I could only do the repair if it's a quick easy fix- if it requires taking stuff apart than I probably won't be able to do it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Well there will not be too many quick fixes for that issue. A suspension rod may have broken, which will require a lot of disassembly. You can just check the inner drum and make sure nothing is caught in it and the tub moves up and down about 1" freely by lifting it up and down. If so you will need a tech out to check it out and take it apart I am afraid to say:(

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!