Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Maytag french door refrigerator MFC2061KES - the interior

Customer Question

Maytag french door refrigerator MFC2061KES - the interior control panel buttons do not work. Appear jammed. Register only actual the temperature. Unit is getting power.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years old. Maytag Model # MFC2061KES
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. we live on a island off the coast of maine.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Fan is running. Unit has power. loss of cooling earlier today. We discovered coils badly dirty so vacuumed out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Unplug the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will do that now and let you know in 15 min.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Sounds good. I will wait with fingers crossed! :-)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just plugged it in. Control panel is still frozen, although it seems to accurately report the temp in the freezer and refrigerator. Just does not respond when any button is pressed. Fan is running but not sure yet about the compressor.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Well, shoot! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Can you please post the serial number from your refrigerator?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Serial Number: 10225294JL
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

in the back of the cabinet, shown as number 35 in the diagram at the link below, is the main control.

CLICK HERE

I believe that control will need to be replaced. It is available below but is showing as back-ordered at all of the distributors I have checked.

CLICK HERE

All connections simply unplug and plug in making for an easy replacement.

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!