Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a DFBB363L 36 inch /m, o/lay, lh, 22 CF. The issue

Customer Question

We have a DFBB363L 36 inch b/m, o/lay, lh, 22 CF. The issue is that the defrost drain hole plastic ring at the top has disintegrated. Maybe water and oil are in the liner? is this repairable? If there is oil in the lining how do you deal with the issue of silicone not adhering where there is oil?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: it just happened last week - the refrigerator cannot operate as it is now
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: unlikely
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I should have mentioned that it is a Viking brand
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So unfortunately this is quite a problem because you can't replace the drain inside the unit. The best thing to do is fill up the cracks and such with a resin and then sand it smooth. I would fill up the gaps with this resin, let it harden and then sand down anything that may be un-level since you want water to drain smoothly into the drain hole. Below is a link to some of this resin you can buy.

CLICK HERE for plastic resin

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?