Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

My 2 door refridgerator with bottom freezer leaks water

Customer Question

my 2 door refridgerator with bottom freezer leaks water inside refridgerator and ice forms under delli drawer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 4 months ago.

Please send the model number of this fridge - look inside the upper section on a wall or possibly ceiling for this.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
gfsf6kkycbb

This refrigerator has two evaporators - one in the freezer and one in the fresh food section. You need to access the one in the fresh food section. Remove the shelves and bins in the fresh food section. Then remove the tower - the plastic assembly that goes up the middle of the back wall. You'll now see the evaporator coil and at the bottom of it is a trough with a hole in it's center. You need to get this hole to drain. Try using a turkey baster and hot water and keep blasting hot water down it until the water flows freely. You should turn off the breaker or pull the plug on the fridge when doing this.