Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a samsung rfg297 fridge with bottom freezer. the

Customer Question

I have a samsung rfg297 fridge with bottom freezer. the freezer is not getting cold enough
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: RFG297HDWP. It is about 4 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've already looked at the back coils in the fridge . They are not frozen up and the fan is working. I have had the part that the water comes out( the black electronic panel) replaced 6 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

How do the coils look in the freezer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just looked at the coils in the fridge part and they are fine. I have not taken the panel off of the back of the freezer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just making sure you are still there. I did unplug , wait and replug my unit hoping to restart an gliches. It does not seem to have fixed the problem

Take that apart and see if only some are frosty and the rest are bare aluminum the unit is likely low on freon, check it out and let me know.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
CAn I see the coils from the inside of the unit like in the fridge or are they on the back of the frdge?

You need to remove the back panel in the freezer to see them