Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Cabrio washing machine (8+ yrs. old) has worked well but

Customer Question

My Cabrio washing machine (8+ yrs. old) has worked well but today when I put in all my setting to wash a load of clothes, everything lights up ok, I make my selections but when I go to the start button (which is also lit), it does nothing. Does not click for lid closure, etc. I have tried numerous times to do it the way I always have these many years, and the start button does not start the machine, etc.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If you press start and the washer won't respond at all by beeping at you or flashing an error code like "DL" or something like that then the washer doesn't think your door lock is an issue. Unfortunately that means that your start button on the interface control board has just failed and the interface control board will need to be ordered and replaced if unplugging the washer for 5 minutes won't reset the electronics.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?