Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE Profile microwave. I started the micro, instead

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile microwave. I started the micro , instead of timing, for 20 minutes. It stopped working entirely. I disconnected the power cord and retried but the panel is completely "dead."
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I also checked the panel box, all circuit breakers are on...and the outlet has power when checking with another small appliance.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Power is on to the outlet
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You likely have blown the internal bus fuse on the unit, there is a 15amp bus fuse in the unit that you need to check. You have to remove the upper grill and then the upper screw to the control console. Lift that up and it will rock forward exposing the inside of the unit. There is a 15 amp bus fuse in a holder on a board in there. Check it.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!