Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

My Magic Chef oven (model #GM31113WAV) has a broken Safety

Customer Question

My Magic Chef oven (model #GM31113WAV) has a broken Safety GAS VALVE (PART #7501P174-60). At, this part is listed as PS2084037, but is no longer available.
I ask that you tell me where this part is in stock for sale (possibly used), and if you do not know of a supplier, then please advise of an alternative safe replacement part.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

You can use this valve

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My tech is going to try the part you recommended and see if it can be safely installed despite the fact that the connecting pipes are not on the same sides of the part as on the original. I will let you know within a few days. Thanks.

ok thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As I had explained, my tech is trying to find a way to connect your part to my oven. It turns out that it is even more complex than we thought. The connecting pipe is not at all on the same side as the original part. Then when you try to connect it you find out that the replacement has a female fitting instead of of a male fitting on the original. We are trying to get around all this, but it's looking more and more dubious. Let you know.