Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I convert my maytag model crg9700aal range from

Customer Question

how do I convert my maytag model crg9700aal range from natural gas to propane.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

So to convert the range you need to remove the 4 burners to expose the brass orifices below each burner. Below is a link to the burner and there is a video at the bottom of the link that shows you how to twist off each burner to remove it. Tighten the orifices down as far as they will go to convert the burners to LP from NG.

CLICK HERE for burner and video

As for the bake burner, there is an orifice below the floor inside the oven where the bake burner connects. The drawer below the oven will need to be removed and then at the back where the gas valve connects you can see the orifice on top of the valve that you need to tighten down all the way.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?