Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have ge advantium oven ZSC1001. When I open the door and

Customer Question

I have ge advantium oven ZSC1001. When I open the door and when it is cooking , the light is out . How do I check or replace the light bulb?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 9 yrs old. Model ZSC1001Kss01, Serial AM900816K
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Possibly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

So the light bulb on this model is a halogen bulb and it's mounted above the microwave. You'll need to completely uninstall the microwave and remove the top sheet metal panel in order to access the bulb for replacement. The bulb will be located under the reflector dome behind the control panel area somewhat center from left to right. The part number for the bulb is wb25x10019 and below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model. Be sure you flip the circuit breaker off to the microwave before replacing the bulb. That is why they make the bulb so difficult to access because people were not flipping the breaker off when replacing it and it would often times short out the control board when replaced.

CLICK HERE for bulb

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?