Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Clear 33 e error code, it is not in manual, all that is

Customer Question

clear 33 e error code
JA: Have you checked for the code in the manual?
Customer: it is not in manual
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: all that is required is to press two buttons simultaneously, i forgot which two to press
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: used up ice , did not make ice, so i pressed button on ice maker heard motor cycle on and water line gurgled heard a single "ding" and got error msg have unplugged fridge plugging in now (approx 10 mins unplugged)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

So this 33E error code means that your fill tube heater has failed. There is a heater which slides around the fill tube back behind the icemaker where the water enters the icemaker and the unfortunately that heater will need to be replaced. You'll need to contact an appliance parts store to look up the part so you can order and replace it, or you will need to call a technician to replace the part for you.

You can also try to just reset the error and sometimes that works if it's a false alarm. If you press and hold the upper right and upper left buttons on the dispenser that will reset the error if the error can be reset. Other than that, turn the icemaker off until you fix the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?